Monday, January 14, 2013

Swan and Shadow by John Hollander


     Sometimes I find something VERY cool and decide to put it into my writer's notebook. Take this remarkable poem, "Swan and Shadow," by John Hollander. I typed it up using different colors, printed it out, cut out the poem, and taped it into my writer's notebook so I can keep this swan forever.


      
 I want my writer's notebook to be filled with things like this. More than just the shape of the poem, I'm inspired by the lush language in this poem.

1 comment:

  1. I think I want this is my writer's notebook, too, which I still call a journal. I also want to show my students, and I want them to notice not just the image (which is so noticeable) but also the lush language you speak of. I want them to aspire to write lush language as much as I do. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete