Thursday, April 30, 2015

There are many tasks you have to do when you’re about to move. In this poem defrosting the freezer unearths some important memories, and reminders of what will be left behind.



Defrosting the Freezer

One container of spaghetti sauce
Grandma made before she died.

Two old pieces of wedding cake
you couldn’t pay me to eat.

Three snowballs from last winter,
slightly deformed, no longer fluffy.

Four small flounder from the time
Grandpa took me deep-sea fishing.

Everything coated in a thick
white layer of sadness.      

from Moving Day by Ralph Fletcher


5 comments:

  1. I love this poem. I shared it with my husband. Is it a New England thing, do you think?, that our freezers hold so many memories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for sharing information in the website,i'm very like after reading
    cara menyembuhkan tumor paru-paru

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me this is a very very good information, because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks
    cara menyembuhkan kardiomegali (pembengkakan jantung)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can feel that the articles contained in this blog is so interesting. I also get a variety informasin, thanks.
    cara alami menyembuhkan papiloma intraduktal

    ReplyDelete