Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Rainbow In Ice

I found a little rainbow
trapped in a chunk of ice.
Ice rainbows are seldom seen;
I don’t expect to see one twice.

It stayed outside my window
where the wind would keep it cold.
There were seven strands of color
and a tiny pot of gold.

All winter long I studied it,
how the yellow rubbed the green.
Red and indigo made bookends
while the blue nestled in between.

I wondered where it came from
this orphan rainbow child.
And though I long to time it
I knew to keep it wild.

One warm March day the rainbow left,
on brilliant wings it flew.
Perhaps I’ll see it, fully grown,
when summer storms pa

8 comments:

  1. When summer storms pass through????

    I am not seeing the last part of the poem in the post.

    I love this poem! Just curious if my cloze skills inferred correcty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When summer storms pass through????

    I am not seeing the last part of the poem in the post.

    I love this poem! Just curious if my cloze skills inferred correcty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem reminds me of the time when it rained in Boston, USA, when a saw a reflection of a rainbow in ice! It's a very good poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your poem because it reminds me when I saw a reflection of a rainbow in a piece of ice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This poem made me feel sad because of a memory of when it snowed in my home town and when you said in your poem “I found a little rainbow trapped in a chunk of ice" it made me think about that memory. I'm sad because I miss my home. - 4th grade AES

    ReplyDelete